The biggest technological challenges in tackling ocean exploration are:
- Permanent and abundant presence in the oceans through unmanned vehicles.
- To improve the capability to sample and perform analyzes at sea quickly and reliably, mainly from micro / nano plastics.
- Development of new techniques for in-situ plankton classification.
- Application of artificial intelligence to the oceanographic databases available to increase our knowledge of the oceans.
- Deep sea exploration
- Low-cost and reliable sensor building.
- Improve ecological model forecasting forecasting capabilities.